I am exporting assets from one company to another. I can get most information from Explorer, but would like a report to tell me which assets qualified for Section 179 Expense Deduction.
Go to Tools | Customized | Report Writer. Choose Fixed Assets when prompted for a product.
1. Click the Reports button, then the New button.
2. Name the report Section 179, select the series of Financial, main table Asset Book ITC/Cost Adjustment Master and key 1.
3. Click on the Tables button. Click New, select the Asset General Information Master and OK. Close the Report Table Relationships window.
4. Choose the Layout button. Select the Asset General Information Table from the toolbar and drag the fields Asset ID and Asset ID Suffix into the body of the report.
5. Select the Asset Book ITC/Cost Adjustment Master Table from the toolbar and drag the fields Asset Index and Section 179 Expense Deduction into the body of the report. Add text headers in the Report Header (RH) section if you wish.
6. Save the report. Go to File | Great Plains. To print the report go to Reports | Customized | select a product of Fixed Assets and series of Financial. You do not need to grant access to a customized report.
This article was TechKnowledge Document ID: 24198