I would like to print the SOP Document Inquiry report, but I want to suppress the line item information if the Backorder quantity is equal to zero. How do I set up the calculated field in Report Writer?
Use the following instructions to suppress the line information if the Backorder quantity is equal to zero.
1. Go into Report Writer, and then into the Tables button on the Report Definition window.
2. Choose the Sales Transaction Work table, and click New . Then select the Sales Transaction Amounts Work table. Choose OK and Close.
3. In the Report Definition window, go into the Layout of the SOP Document Inquiry Report.
4. In the Toolbox click on Calculated Fields and then on NEW .
5. Name the calculated field Backorder .
6. Mark it conditional with a result type of Currency.
7. Choose the Sales Transaction Work table and the SOP type field, and click on Add Field . Then choose the = (in the operator section). Click on the Constants tab and choose integer and 5, then click on Add Field.
The conditional statement should read: SOP_HDR_Work.SOP TYPE=5
The True case:
Select the Sales Transaction Amounts Work file. Choose the Quantity to Order field, and click on Add Field .
True Case: SOP_LINE_WORK. QTY To Order
The False Case:
Select the Sales Transaction Amounts Work . Choose the Quantity to Backorder field, and click on Add Field .
False Case: SOP_LINE_WORK.QTY To Backorder
Then click OK .
8. In the Report Layout go to Tools-Report Section Options and check the box "suppress when field is empty." In the calculated fields box choose the "Backorder" calculated field that was created, then click on OK.
9. Close the layout window, and go back to the Report Definition window. Choose the Restrictions button and New . Name the restriction SOP Type . Choose Sales Transaction Work and SOP type , and click on Add Field . Then choose the = (in the operator section). Choose Sales Transaction Work and SOP type , and click on Add Field .
Restriction: SOP_LINE_WORK.Item Number = SOP_LINE_WORK.Item Number
10. Close and save the report. Go back into Dynamics (File - Great Plains Dynamics) and grant security to the report by going to Setup | System | Security .
This article was TechKnowledge Document ID: 18016