I want to print the check number, date, and amount on the Aged Trial Balance Summary. How can I accomplish this?
The unmodified Aged Trial Balance Summary prints the check number and date for open payments. The Check number and date doesn't print for payments that are in history for the unmodified Aged Trial Balance Summary.
Steps to Add Check information to the PM Aged Trial Balance Summary report:
1) Open the PM Aged TB-Summary in Report Writer.
2) Click the Layout Button.
3) Create a Calculated field under the Toolbox to restrict the report to only print check detail. Setup the calculated field as follows: -Give the field any name. -Set the Result Type to String. -Set the Expression Type to Conditional. -Create the Conditional Expression to read: PM_Transaction_OPEN.Document Type = 6 (to get 6, choose Constant - Integer) -Make True case ''Y'' (choose Constant - String) -Make False Case '''' (choose Constant - String, and put no value in the constant)
4) Click Tools- Report Section Options: Click the checkbox for Body on, Click the "Suppress when Field is empty" check box on, select the calculated field you created in step 3(print) as the Calculated field the system checks for empty, Click OK to save and close the Report Sections Options window.
5) Pull the Body marker up so the body area occupies only one line space.
6) Drag Document Number (stores check number for type=6), Document Date, and the Document Amount into the body area. The Calculated field created above is not pulled onto the report layout. It is only used to restrict the report. The calculated field is NOT pulled onto the report layout. It is only used to restrict the report.
7) Close and save the report layout. Return to Dynamics and give access to the modified report (Setup - System - Security). The Aged Trial Balance Summary is printed by choosing the Aged Trial Balance (not with Options) and unmarking the 'detail' option in the report option. The Aged Trial Balance Summary is printed by choosing the Aged Trial Balance (without Options) and unmarking Detail in the Report Option Setup.
NOTE: To print the check date and check number on the Historical Aged Trial Balance, reference the TechKnowledge entry entitled 'Check Number and Check Date on historical trial balance.'
This article was TechKnowledge Document ID: 3818
MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, THE RELIABILITY OR THE ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION THAT IS CONTAINED IN THE DOCUMENTS AND THE RELATED GRAPHICS PUBLISHED ON THIS WEB SITE (THE “MATERIALS”) FOR ANY PURPOSE.
THE MATERIALS MAY INCLUDE TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS AND MAY BE REVISED AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM AND EXCLUDE ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, AND CONDITIONS WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR CONDITIONS OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, SATISFACTORY CONDITION OR QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THE MATERIALS.