Improvements and fixes
Note To fix this issue, follow the instructions in the Registry information section.
How to download and install the update
Microsoft UpdateUse Microsoft Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is also available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center.
- Download update KB3085512 for 32-bit version of Office 2010
- Download update KB3085512 for 64-bit version of Office 2010
Follow the steps in this section carefully. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur.
- Exit all Microsoft Office applications.
- Start Registry Editor:
- In Windows 10, go to Start, enter regedit in the Search Windows box, and then select regedit.exe in the search results.
- In Windows 8 or Windows 8.1, if you're using a mouse, move it to the upper-right corner, go to Search, enter regedit in the search text box, and then select regedit.exe in the search results.
- In Windows 7, go to Start, enter regedit in the Search programs and files text box, and then select regedit.exe in the search results.
- Locate and then select the following registry entry:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Common\Office Graphics
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then select DWORD Value.
- Enter DisablePasteLanguageAutodetect, and then press the Enter key.
- In the Details pane, press and hold (or right-click) DisablePasteLanguageAutodetect, and then select Modify.
- In the Value data box, enter 1, and then select OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.