On your computer or Xbox, Groove previously let you stream or download your music files stored on OneDrive.
What happened to Groove support for OneDrive Music streaming?
The Groove Music OneDrive streaming service will be discontinued on March 31, 2019. The Windows 10 Groove Music apps for PC and Windows Phone will continue to play all the music you’ve downloaded but will no longer stream OneDrive content.
Your personal music files will continue to be available in OneDrive. To play music stored in OneDrive, you must first download it to your device or removable storage.
How can I download my music from OneDrive?
- Open OneDrive on a PC running Windows 10 and sign in.
- Select Files > Music and then select the music folder or folders you want to move.
- Select Download. Each folder will be saved as a .zip file.
- Navigate to the location you saved the folder or folders and unzip them.
- On a PC running Windows 10, press and hold (or right-click) the folder, select Extract All, and then follow the instructions.
- Add music to Groove on Windows 10 PC using the newly created folder.
Can I play music synced from OneDrive to my Windows 10 PC using the Groove Music app?
Yes. Once you sync files with the OneDrive sync client in Windows, you can add music to Groove on Windows 10 PC using the newly synced folder.