An image and its background become yellow in Windows Photo Gallery in Windows Vista
The Windows Photo and Slideshow Problems troubleshooter may automatically fix the problem described in this article.This troubleshooter fixes many different problems. Learn moreRun nowThe Windows Photo and Slideshow Problems troubleshooter may automatically fix the problem described in this article.This troubleshooter fixes many different problems. Learn moreRun nowNote If you would rather fix this problem yourself, go to the "Let me fix it myself" section.
Diagnose and fix the problem automatically
Was this information helpful? Please send us your feedback
Similar issues that the MATS package fixes
2415238 Color issues in the print preview of an image in Windows Photo Gallery in Windows Vista
For more information about other issues that the MATS package fixes, go to the section.
When you view an image in Windows Photo Gallery in Windows Vista, the color of the image and its background become yellow.
This issue may occur because an incorrect color profile in the Color Management setting is used for the monitor.
Note Microsoft Paint and Microsoft Windows Picture and Fax Viewer do not use color profiles to manage color settings for images.
To fix this problem, you have to remove the incorrect color profile. To do this, follow these steps:
Let me fix it myself
- Click Start, type Color Management in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
- In the Color Management dialog box, click to select the Use my settings for this device check box.
- In the Profiles associated with this device list, click the color profile that you want to remove, and then click Remove.
Note If you receive a warning message, click Yes.
- Close the Color Management dialog box and then restart the computer to apply the setting.
How the MATS package works to fix this problem
- The MATS package scans your computer and detects if the computer is running Windows Vista.
- The MATS package deletes the registry key in the following path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ICM
Note During this process, a dialog box appears. This dialog box gives you the option to fix the issue automatically (this is the recommended option) or to manually select individual issues to fix.
- The MATS package displays a Restart dialog box to restart the computer by selecting Restart Now or I will Restart Later.
Other issues that the MATS package fixes
930097 Computer is slow when Windows Photo Gallery displays TIFF images that do not fit into one page in Windows Vista
2415237 Can't preview pictures in Windows Photo Gallery in Windows Vista
938818 Can't see pictures in a slide show in Windows Photo Gallery in Windows Vista
2009298 Can't download albums in Windows Live Photo Gallery after upgrading from Windows Vista to Windows 7
944221 Windows Live Photo Gallery freezes or can't start
930102 Image transition issues in Windows Photo Gallery in Windows XP or in Windows Vista
2425702 A screen saver that displays pictures stops working in Windows
ID articolo: 939395 - Ultima revisione: 02/29/2012 04:41:00 - Revisione: 3.0
Windows Vista Ultimate, Windows Vista Enterprise, Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Vista Home Basic, Windows Vista Starter, Windows Vista Enterprise 64-bit edition, Windows Vista Home Basic 64-bit edition, Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit edition, Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit edition, Windows Vista Business 64-bit edition
- kbexpertisebeginner kbtshoot kbprb kbsurveynew kbmatsfixme kbexpertiseinter KB939395