When building the release code Exchange Development Kit (EDK) Sgwadmin.dll project on the Exchange EDK 5.5, you will get a link error when opening MFC40.LIB.
To resolve this, you will need to recompile exchsdk.lib.
- Navigate to the \\mssdk\samples\dbmsg\exchange\libsrc\exchsdk directory and open the workspace ExchSDK.dsw.
- In the main menu, click Build and select Set Active Configuration.
- In the Set Active Project Configuration window, choose Exchsdk - Win32 Release and then click OK.
- In the main menu, click Build and select Rebuild All.
After the source code compiles, copy Exchsdk.lib from the Win32\Retail folder to the mssdk\lib folder.
Article ID: 214463 - Last Review: March 4, 2004 - Revision: 1.1
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Software Development Kit
Retired KB Content Disclaimer
This article was written about products for which Microsoft no longer offers support. Therefore, this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.