This article describes how to create fax cover pages and how to use them when you send a fax using Windows 2000 and Microsoft Office 2000.
When you create a fax cover page, you are actually creating a template and specifying the appropriate information that you want displayed on the cover page.
How to Set Up Your Fax Information and Create a Cover Page
- Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click Fax.
- On the User Information tab, type your appropriate personal information.
- On the Cover Pages tab, click New.
- On the Insert menu, click Recipient, and then click Name.
- The To: (Recipients Name) box is displayed in your template. You can right-click the box to adjust its size or move it around in the template. You can also cut, copy, or paste items into the template.NOTE: The Recipient boxes are automatically filled in with the recipient destination information that you specify later on in Microsoft Word 2000. You are not able to type any recipient information directly into this template screen.
- You can continue inserting additional boxes that you want displayed on the fax cover page. If you click Insert again, and you can also choose to add Sender and Message boxes.
- When you are finished building your fax cover page, on the File menu, click Save, and then type a name for your cover page. The file is saved to your personal cover pages folder in the following location:
\\%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\username.domainname\My Documents\Fax\Personal Coverpages
where username is the name of the user, and domainname is the name of the domain.
: The Sender
boxes are automatically filled in later with the information that you specified on the User Information
tab. You are not able to type any sender information directly into this template screen.
How to Send a Fax Using Office 2000
- Click Start, point to Programs, and then click Microsoft Word.
- Type a message or open a document that you want to send as a fax.
- On the File menu, click Print.
- In the Printer area in the Name box, click Fax.
- When the Send Fax Wizard dialog box appears, click Next.
- The Recipient and Dialing Information dialog box is displayed. Add new recipient information or choose a name from your address book, and then click Next.
- The Adding a Cover Page dialog box is displayed. In the Cover Page Template box, click the template you want to use with this fax, and then click Next.
- The Scheduling Transmission dialog box is displayed. You can choose to send the fax immediately or schedule the fax for transmission later on (you can also type an optional billing code). Make the appropriate selection, and then click Next.
- The Completing the Send Fax Wizard dialog box appears, and the information pertaining to your fax is displayed (for example, the From, To, Fax Number, and Cover Page Template, boxes).
- Click Finish. The Fax Monitor dialog box appears, the modem is dialed, and the fax is sent.
: The recipient and dialing information that you previously specified or retrieved from your address book is automatically filled in to the appropriate boxes of your fax cover page template.
Article ID: 241315 - Last Review: October 30, 2006 - Revision: 1.1
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
|kbhowto kbhowtomaster KB241315|