There is no direct method to import a Novell GroupWise Personal Address Book into Outlook 2000.
To move your Personal Address Book from a GroupWise client into Outlook 2000 is a two-step process.
- Export the Personal Address Book from GroupWise.
- Import the Personal Address Book into Outlook 2000.
Export the Personal Address Book from GroupWise
- Start the GroupWise client program.
- On the Tools menu, click Address Book.
- On the File menu, click Export.
- In the Export Question dialog box, click Entire Address Book.
- Type a name for your address book, specify a location to which you want to save it, and then click Save to save the address book as a .nab file.
: A .nab file is a text file in the comma separated values format. It may be opened and verified in Notepad, or any other text editor.
Import the Personal Address Book into Outlook 2000
- Start Outlook 2000.
- On the File menu, click Import and Export.
- Click Import from another program or file, and then click Next.
- Click Comma Separated Values (Windows), and then click Next.
- Locate the file that you want to import, and then click Next.
- Click the folder to which you want to import your Personal Address Book, and then click Next.
- Map the fields for your Contacts folder layout and click Finish. For more information about mapping fields, click Microsoft Outlook Help on the Help menu, type how to map fields in the Office Assistant or the Answer Wizard, and then click Search to view the topic.
The GroupWise Personal Address Book is imported into your Outlook Contacts folder.
Article ID: 262151 - Last Review: April 4, 2007 - Revision: 5.0
- Microsoft Outlook 2000 Standard Edition