When you have 1,000 names in the name cache (the maximum
that Microsoft Outlook allows), and you start Outlook, there is a noticeable
delay in displaying the drop-down list when you type a name from the cache.
This behavior occurs because Outlook loads the cache on
To work around this behavior, either turn off the
AutoComplete feature or delete some names from the cache.
- On the Tools menu, click
- In the Options dialog box, click
Email Options, and then click Advanced E-mail
- In the When sending a message group, click
to clear the Automatic name checking check box.
To delete names from the cache:
- In the Inbox folder, click New, and then,
in the To box, type the first several letters of a recipient's
- When the drop-down list appears, select names to delete,
and then press DELETE.
- Quit and then restart Outlook.
has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed
at the beginning of this article.
Article ID: 292928 - Last Review: April 9, 2007 - Revision: 2.5
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
- Microsoft Outlook 2002 Standard Edition
|kbexpertisebeginner kbtshoot kberrmsg kbstartprogram kbprb kbpending KB292928|