When you try to send a fax through a Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003-based computer from your Microsoft Windows XP-based client computer, the fax send fails on your client computer.
This issue may occur if the following conditions are true:
- Your Windows XP-based client computer is running Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2).
- You used the Windows Small Business Server client deployment tools to deploy the Windows XP Service Pack 1 (SP1) fax client software to your Windows XP SP2-based client computer.
The Windows XP SP1 fax client software is included with Windows Small Business Server 2003.Note
This issue does not occur if you already have the fax client software installed on your Windows XP SP1-based client computers and if you then upgrade to Windows XP SP2.
To resolve this issue, do both of the following:
- Upgrade the Windows Small Business Server 2003 Client Setup feature to deploy Windows XP SP2.
For additional information about how to upgrade the Windows Small Business Server 2003 client deployment to Windows XP SP2, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Update is available for the Windows Small Business Server 2003 Client Setup feature to deploy Windows XP Service Pack 2 to Windows XP Professional-based clients
- Reinstall the fax client software on your Windows XP SP2-based client computer using the Windows Small Business Server client deployment tools.
Article ID: 885123 - Last Review: October 26, 2013 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 Premium Edition
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbprb kbfax kbtshoot KB885123|