When you refresh a Desktop Configuration Server in the Microsoft SoftGrid Client Management Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in, you receive the following error message:
The SoftGrid Client could not update desktop configuration information from the server ServerName.
No such host is known.
Error code: xxxxxx-xxxxxx2A-00002AF9
This problem occurs because the SoftGrid Client cannot communicate with the Desktop Configuration Server.
The Desktop Configuration Server can be specified by the host name, the DNS name, or the IP address of the server or the load-balancing device.
To verify the server, follow these steps:
- In Administrative Tools, open the SoftGrid Client Management MMC snap-in.
- Click Desktop Configuration Servers.
- Right-click the server that reports the error code, and then click Properties.
- Verify that the server is specified in the Host Name box.
If the server is invalid, the refresh operation fails.
If the server is valid, determine whether the client can ping the host name, the DNS name, or the IP address.
To do this, follow these steps:
- At a command prompt, type ping ServerName, and then press ENTER. For example, type the following command:
If the ping operation succeeds, you receive the following mssage:
If the ping is unsuccessful, you receive the following error message:
Ping request could not find host ServerName. Please check the name and try again.
If the client cannot ping the server, a network-related issue is preventing the client from communicating with the server. You must correct the network-related issue before you can start an application. For more information, contact the network administrator.
Article ID: 930707 - Last Review: May 4, 2007 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft SoftGrid for Terminal Services
- Microsoft SoftGrid for Windows Desktops
|kbexpertiseinter kbtshoot KB930707|