When you try to upgrade the SoftGrid Virtual Application Server, you receive the following error message:
The installation program was unable to perform a required operation on the file %ProgramFiles%\Softricity\Softricity Management Service\SftMgmt.udl. Access is denied.
When this problem occurs, the following event is logged in the Application log:
Event ID: 1013
Description: Product: SoftGrid Virtual Application Server -- The installation program was unable to perform a required operation on the file %ProgramFiles%\Softricity\SoftGrid Management Service\SftMgmt.udl. Access is denied.
This problem may occur because the installation lacks the required permissions to upgrade the SftMgmt.udl
To resolve this problem, grant the local Administrators group the required permissions to the file. To do this, follow these steps:
- In Windows Explorer, right-click SftMgmt.udl, and then click Properties.
By default, the SftMgmt.udl file is in the following folder:
%ProgramFiles%\Softricity\Softricity Management Service
- Click the Security tab.
- Under Group or user names, look for the ComputerName\Administrators account.
- If the account is not present, click Add to add the account. If the account is present, note the permissions that appear under Permissions for Administrators.
- Under Permissions for Administrators, click to select Full Control in the Allow column, and then click OK.
- Upgrade the SoftGrid Virtual Application Server.
- Reset the permissions that you changed in step 5.
To do this if the account was not present in step 3, click the account, and then click Remove. To do this if the account was present in step 3, click the account, and then click to select the check box for the permissions that you noted in step 4.
- Click OK.
Article ID: 930959 - Last Review: May 9, 2007 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft SoftGrid for Terminal Services
- Microsoft SoftGrid for Windows Desktops
|kbexpertiseinter kbtshoot KB930959|