When you try to start the Microsoft SoftGrid Virtual Application Server service, the operation is unsuccessful. Additionally, you receive the following error message:
Windows could not start the SoftGrid Virtual Application Server on Local Computer. For more information, review the System Event Log. If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 41479.
Additionally, the following event is logged in the System log:
Event ID: 7024
Source: Service Control Manager
Description: The SoftGrid Virtual Application Server service terminated with service-specific error 41479.
Additionally, the following error code is logged in the SoftGrid Virtual Application Server log file (Sft-server.log):
41479 "Configuration failure: Failed to add LOG pipeline to Server."
This issue may occur if the following conditions are true:
- A log module that is specified on a server group contains invalid information.
- The SFTCore.exe process from the previous service start did not completely shut down before the SoftGrid Virtual Application Server service was started.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Determine whether a log module contains invalid information. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click SoftGrid Management Console.
- Expand SoftGrid Systems, expand server_name, and then expand Server Groups.
- Right-click Default Server Group, and then click Properties.
- Click the Logging tab.
- Edit the existing log module.
- Verify that the information that is entered is valid.
- Use Task Manager to verify that all SFTCore.exe processes have stopped. Then, start the SoftGrid Virtual Application Server service.
Article ID: 931595 - Last Review: April 12, 2007 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft SoftGrid for Terminal Services
- Microsoft SoftGrid for Windows Desktops
|kbexpertiseinter kbtshoot KB931595|