Consider the following scenario:
- You install Microsoft Operations Manager (MOM) Web Sites and Services (WSS) Management Pack for MOM 2005.
- You run the Download Request Sequence data file rule.
In this scenario, event IDs 21245 and 21300 are logged in the Application log on the client computer. The following error message is included in these events::
Wsm.wsmengine, version=5.0.3025.0, culture=neutral, Publickeytoken=9396306c2be7fcc4
File or assembly name ws.wsmwngine, or one of its dependencies was not found.
This problem occurs because the MOM service cannot load the Wsm.wsmengine assembly. Therefore, the MOM service cannot execute a managed code response.
The default PublicKeyToken
value for the Wsm.wsmengine assembly is 31bf3856ad364e35. Because the PublicKeyToken
value for the Wsm.wsmengine assembly is mismatched after the installation of the MOM WSS Management Pack, the MOM 2005 agent cannot download the Requestsequences.xml file from the MOM 2005 server.
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- Open the MOM 2005 Administrator console, expand Management packs, expand Rule Groups, expand Microsoft Operations Manager 2005 Web Sites and Services MP, and then expand Common Processing Rules.
- Click Event Rules, right-click Download Request Sequence data file in the details pane, and then click Properties.
- Click the Responses tab, and then change the assembly name of the response from "Wsm.wsmengine, version=5.0.3025.0, Culture=Neutral, PublicKeyToken=9396306c2be7fcc4" to the following:
Wsm.wsmengine, version=5.0.3025.0, Culture=Neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
- Restart the MOM service on client computer, monitor the service for 15 minutes, and then check for the status.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 947687 - Last Review: February 19, 2008 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft Operations Manager (MOM) 2005
|kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter kberrmsg kbprb KB947687|