Consider the following scenario:
- You have a computer that is running Windows Server 2003. Additionally, Windows Server 2003 has Policy Maker client-side extensions installed.
You upgrade to Windows Server 2008.
You install Group Policy Preferences client-side extensions in Windows Server 2008.
In this scenario, every periodic background update encounters an event. These updates include Group Policy update, foreground update, and restart. The following event appears in the Application Logs:
Log Name: Application
Source: Group Policy Folders
Event ID: 4099
Task Category: (2)
Computer: Computer Name
The client-side extension could not log RSoP data because it failed with error code ''0x80041002”
'0x80041002 = WBEM_E_NOT_FOUND
This issue occurs because of corrupted Managed Object Format (MOF) files.
Article ID: 977755 - Last Review: November 30, 2009 - Revision: 1.0
- Windows Server 2008 Datacenter without Hyper-V
- Windows Server 2008 Enterprise without Hyper-V
- Windows Server 2008 for Itanium-Based Systems
- Windows Server 2008 Standard without Hyper-V
- Windows Server 2008 Datacenter
- Windows Server 2008 Enterprise
- Windows Server 2008 Standard
|kbexpertiseadvanced kbsurveynew kbtshoot KB977755|