This hotfix for System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2 resolves the following issue:
- A management pack does not display the correct properties in some views after you import the management pack.
To resolve the issue, download the update file from the following Microsoft Download Center Web site:
Collapse this tableExpand this table
|Issue summary||Summary details|
|A management pack does not show the correct properties in some views after you import the management pack.||You import a new management pack that contains new properties for certain views on a computer that is running System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2. After you do this, you may receive the following error message:|Additionally, you find that the new properties are missing from a specific view.
An object of type Variable with ID Number was not found
This update must be applied to each computer that hosts a Microsoft Operations Manager 2007 R2 database.Note
Before you apply this update, we recommend that you back up the Operations Manager database.
To extract the files that are contained in this update, follow these steps:
- Copy the following file either to a local folder or to an available network share:
- Run this file locally on each applicable computer that meets the conditions that were mentioned earlier.
Note You can run this file either in Windows Explorer or at a command prompt. This extracts the UpdateTypes.sql file to the folder that you specify. You have to run this SQL script manually.
Steps to install the UpdateTypes.sql file
- On the root management server, stop the System Center Management service, the System Center Management Configuration service, and the System Center Data Access service.
- Log on to the computer that hosts the Microsoft Operations Manager 2007 Database Server role as a user who has database owner rights (“dbo” rights) to the Operations Manager 2007 database. To perform the database update remotely, log on to a computer that hosts SQL Server Management Studio as a user who has appropriate "dbo" rights to the Operations Manager 2007 database. Run SQL Server Management Studio.
- In the Connect to Server dialog box, connect to the SQL Server that hosts the Operations Manager database.
- On the toolbar, click New Query.
- On the SQL Editor toolbar, use the Available databases option to select the Operations Manager database. For example, select the OperationsManager database.
- On the File menu, click Open, and then locate the path that was used in the "Installation steps" section and that contains the UpdateTypes.sql file. Select this file, and then click Open.
- When the file is loaded, click Execute on the SQL Editor toolbar.
- View the Messages pane to determine whether the Transact-SQL commands ran successfully.
- Exit SQL Server Management Studio.
- On the root management server, start the System Center Management service, the System Center Management Configuration service, and the System Center Data Access service.
For more information about downloads, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Information in this document, including URL and other Internet Web site references, is subject to change without notice and is provided for informational purposes only. The entire risk of the use, or results of the use, of this document remains with the user, and Microsoft Corporation makes no warranties, either express or implied. Complying with all applicable copyright laws is the responsibility of the user. Without limiting the rights under copyright, no part of this document may be reproduced, stored in or introduced into a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means (electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise), or for any purpose, without the express written permission of Microsoft Corporation.
Microsoft may have patents, patent applications, trademarks, copyrights, or other intellectual property rights covering subject matter in this document. Except as expressly provided in any written license agreement from Microsoft, the furnishing of this document does not give you any license to these patents, trademarks, copyrights, or other intellectual property.
© 1994-2010 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Article ID: 981740 - Last Review: April 21, 2010 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2
|kbhowto kbexpertiseadvanced kbsurveynew KB981740|