The Dynamics CRM product group has released a Critical Update for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Outlook Client and CRM Server. Both the server and client updates are targeted to users who are constrained to Update Rollup 11 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM so that they can take advantage of the changes that are provided by this critical update release.
Critical Update features
Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server
This Critical Update provides in a single package all previously released Critical On Demand (COD) fixes that were delivered for Update Rollup 11.
All users who are currently running Update Rollup 11 on the CRM server should apply this server-side Critical Update. Users who are running CRM Server Update Rollup 12, 13, or 14 do not require this critical update. These users do not have to downgrade their CRM Server installation to Update Rollup 11 because all fixes are incorporated in Update Rollup 12, 13, and 14.Important
After you apply this Critical Update to the CRM server, you should not apply Update Rollup 12, 13, or 14 on top of this Critical Update. You will have to wait until Update Rollup 15.
Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook Client
The Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollup 11 Critical Update for CRM for Outlook Client includes all previously issued COD stability fixes and customer requests from Update Rollup 11, 12, 13, and 14.
To deploy the client-side Critical Update if the CRM for Outlook Client Update Rollup 12, 13, or 14 is currently deployed, you must completely uninstall the existing CRM for Outlook Client, reinstall the CRM Outlook Client, and then apply the Client side Critical Update.
If the currently installed CRM for Outlook Client is Update Rollup 11 or earlier, you can install the client-side Critical Update without uninstalling the existing client.
Additionally, we recommend that you disable automatic updates for Dynamics CRM on the client computer. This ensures that only the binaries that are deployed by the Client side Critical Update get installed and that nothing from Windows Update gets integrated into the client installation. Note
You do not have to change the CRM Server version to use this client-side Critical Update. This client-side Critical Update works together with CRM Server running Update Rollup 11, 12, 13, and 14. However, if CRM Server is running any Update Rollup version that is earlier than Update Rollup 11, you must apply Update Rollup 11 to the CRM server in order for the CRM for Outlook Client Critical Update installation to be compatible.
This Critical Update is available for all languages that are supported by Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011.Important
After you apply this Critical Update to CRM for Outlook Client, you should not apply Update Rollup 12, 13, or 14 on top of this Critical Update. You will have to wait until Update Rollup 15.
CRM for Outlook Client improvements
The following are some of the improvements that this Critical Update provides for CRM for Outlook Client:
Update rollup information
Build number and file names for this update rollup
Collapse this tableExpand this table
|Rollup package||Build number||File name (32-bit)||File name (64-bit)|
|Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Server Critical Update||5.0. 9690.2903||Not applicable||CRM2011-Server-KB2855319-LangID-amd64.exe|
|Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 for Microsoft Office Outlook Critical Update||5.0. 9690.2903||CRM2011-Client-KB2855319-LangID-i386.exe||CRM2011-Client-KB2855319-LangID-amd64.exe|
|Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Language Pack||5.0. 9690.2903||CRM2011-Mui-KB2855319-LangID-i386.exe||CRM2011-Mui-KB2855319-LangID-amd64.exe|
This update rollup is available for download from the following Microsoft Download Center website:
To manually install Critical Update for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollup 11, follow these steps.
- Go to the following Microsoft Update catalog website:
- In the Search box, type 2855319, and then click Search.
- Click Add to add the update to the basket.
- Click Download.
- Click Browse, specify the folder to which you want to download the update, and then click OK.
- Click Continue, and then click I Accept to accept the Microsoft Software License Terms.
- After the download is finished, click Close.
For more information about the Microsoft Update catalog, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to download updates that include drivers and hotfixes from the Windows Update Catalog
Additional installation information
- Any update rollup that is applied after you apply Critical Update for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollup 11 will overwrite these changes. Therefore, after you apply Critical Update for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollup 11, we recommend that you do not apply any current update rollups over this CU but instead wait for the next update rollup to be released. This will preserve the existing stability and performance fixes.
- If this update rollup is applied on top of UR12, UR13, or UR14, a message is displayed that states that this update rollup is not compatible.
You must have Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollup 11 (build 5.0.9690.2839) or an earlier version installed to apply this critical update. For more information about Update Rollup 11, click the following article number to go to the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Update Rollup 11 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 is available
If you are prompted, restart the computer after you apply the update rollup.
You can uninstall this critical update from a server that is running Microsoft Dynamics CRM. However, you should back up your databases before you uninstall the critical update. For more information, go to the following Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) websites:
Issues that are resolved in the Critical Update for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollup 11
The Critical Update for Microsoft Dynamics CRM Update Rollup 11 contains the following fixes and updates:
- Cancelling the Set Regarding wizard in Outlook will track the item in CRM regardless of no value being set.
- Recurring appointment series is broken in CRM after proposing new time.
- Stack overflow at line:0 error message unexpectedly occurs in the CRM for Outlook client- Japanese language fix.
- "An error has occurred" error message when saving a child record if using Internet Explorer 10.
- Load balanced claims-enabled CRM deployments do not allow a token lifetime longer than 10 hours.
- An error occurs when installing the SRS Data Connector if using the Update Rollup 6 install bits. "DataCenterId cannot be found" or "SSRS install cannot be validated"
- Outlook client crashes while attempting to add an email activity to an Order from the Outlook Client.
- When creating a phone call, the "From" value is not updated by a pre-operation plugin.
- Outlook client runs into performance issues when the organization has a high amount of teams. I.E. 5000 teams.
- The Microsoft CRM Track/Set Regrading ribbon disappears in the Outlook 2007 clients.
- New organization settings to disable presence lookup on Contacts.
- "Access Denied" error occurs when using CRM and SharePoint document management integration due to WRPC token missing.
- Outlook client intermittently removes due dates from tracked Outlook appointments.
- SqlCe Connection Caching causes heavy memory pressure on the Outlook Client addin causing Outlook to crash or become unresponsive.
- AddressBookMaterializedViewsEnabled registry setting configured to 1 causes Outlook to crash if the entity does not have an email address.
- Slow performance when adding or removing members to teams due to the p_SystemUserBuEntityMapReinit stored procedure.
- Deleting an entity causes the System.Array.Copy to throw an error "ArrayTypeMismatchException"
- Poor performance when logging into organizations due to the amount of team memberships.
- Email Router fails to continue processing emails after failing on emails without a sender.
- Organization setting to default email tracking to not automatically track replies and forwarded emails.
- Templates are being applied to distributed campaign emails despite being de-selected.
- When you leverage retrieve multiple optimizations in CRM 2011 and you request data from CRM using the 2007 endpoint those requests may result in errors if deletion state code attributes are automatically included in the list of columns to be retrieved. These deletion state code attributes are added automatically for backward compatibility to CRM 2007 endpoint requests.
- "Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'UNION'" error occurs when loading the Active Contacts grid when the RecordCountLimitToSwitchToCteSecuritySql value is set to 10.
- Adding a row for QuickFindRecordLimit in the deployment properties does not change the query.
- Unable to configure the CRM Outlook Client when entities are set to be non-searchable on the CreatedOnBehalfBy fields.
- Unable to delete a managed solution after Update Rollup 10.
- Unable to retrieve the LocalSystemGuid in a claims-enabled environment after Update Rollup 11 V2.
- Saving an entity in Outlook brings the form into the background and makes user think the form is closed.
- Duplicate Appointments are created when tracking appointments on shared calendar in the CRM Outlook client.
- Cannot export or save reports from the CRM Outlook client when Internet Explorer 9 is installed.
- OutOfMemory errors occur when going offline on a 32 bit Outlook client.
- Mail Merge is disabled on the Account form when the user does not have write permissions on the Account records.
- Outlook re-tracking an untracked Contact throws duplicate record dialog box.
- When clicking 'View existing record in CRM’ in the CRM Outlook client, nothing happens.
- No horizontal scrollbar exists under the entity view in the CRM Outlook client.
- After importing a managed solution, the labels on the form are not displaying the proper information.
- Unhandled Exception occurs when changing properties of Send/Create Email steps in a workflow.
- WSDL information for Organization.svc is incorrectly returned with SSLOffloading.
- BackgroundSendEmail Raises "Should never reach this point" Exception.
- Outlook Client does not 'Ignore All errors' during synchronization operations after Update Rollup 10.
- The Zarafa Outlook third-party addin does not work with the Dynamics CRM addin.
- Business card is not displayed when you reply to the email which contains a business card.
- Export to Excel error with Associated views. "An Error Occurred."
- Duplicate Appointments are created when the original appointment is created in a web form.
- Unable to save Activities on Slovenian version of CRM "Invalid Duration"
- Wait Until condition is not being triggered if events within condition have been met when using a CRM workflow.
- New organization setting to disable implicit sharing of activities.
- Stack Overflow at Line: 0 intermittently occurs in the CRM Outlook client.
- Users get 'Invalid Argument' errors after applying Update Rollup 10 due to Fetch Throttling.
- "ISV code aborted the operation"
instead of custom InvalidPluginExecutionException from the CRM Outlook client.
- The 2007 endpoint does not work over HTTPS after Update Rollup 10.
- Form LookupMRU and RecentlyViewed Web Service calls cause Internet Explorer to hang on window close.
The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, about the performance or reliability of these products.
Article ID: 2855319 - Last Review: August 6, 2013 - Revision: 9.0
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011
|kbfix atdownload kbsurveynew kbmbsmigrate kbexpertiseadvanced kbexpertisebeginner kbexpertiseinter KB2855319|