Microsoft has released a service pack for Business Contact Manager for Microsoft Office Outlook 2007. This article contains information about how to obtain the service pack and the list of issues that are fixed by the service pack. Additionally, this article contains information about the issues that you may experience when you install the service pack. This article also describes how to determine whether the service pack is installed.
Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2007 Service Pack 1 (SP1) contains significant security, stability, and performance improvements. Some fixes that are included together with Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2007 SP1 were previously released in separate updates. Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2007 SP1 combines the previously released fixes into one update.
Service pack details
Previously released updates that this service pack includes
Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2007 SP1 includes the following previously released update:
Error message when you start a 2007 Office program on a computer that is running Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager: "Office application version does not match"
Issues that were not previously documented in a Microsoft Knowledge Base article
This service pack fixes the following issues that were not previously documented in a Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
- When you migrate data from Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit 7 (ACT 7) to Business Contact Manager, you may receive an error message.
- When you send an e-mail marketing campaign to more than 1,050 recipients, you receive the following error message:
The incoming tabular data Stream (TDS) remote procedure call (RPC) protocol stream is incorrect. Too many parameters were provided in this RPC request.
- When you search and link e-mail messages to Business Contacts or to Accounts in Business Contact Manager, the linking operation fails.
- After you import and assign business contacts, your "to do" list is overwhelmed by follow-up flags from those users to whom you assigned the contacts.
- If you flag a contact when you are online, and then you go offline, you may see an incorrect follow-up flag.
- Custom fields are not available when you perform a Microsoft Office Word Mail Merge marketing campaign.
- The insert tab is missing on the ribbon when you install Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2007.
- Outlook may stop responding when you collapse groups in the Business Contacts folder view.
- When you try to export a report to Microsoft Office Excel, the operation fails.
- Outlook crashes when a product master list is set by using the Software Development Kit (SDK).
- Business Contact Manager does not obtain custom field changes from the independent software vendor (ISV) deployment tool.
How to obtain and install Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2007 SP1
Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2007 SP1 is located on the Microsoft Download Center. To download this service pack and to obtain installation instructions and deployment strategies, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
You cannot use Add or Remove Programs
in Control Panel to remove this download. To remove Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2007 SP1 from a computer, you must remove Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2007, and then reinstall Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2007 from the original 2007 Office CD.
How to determine whether the service pack is installed
The service pack contains files that have the versions that are listed in the following table.BCM2007SP1-KB941652-FullFile-ENU.msp
Collapse this tableExpand this table
|File name||File version|
| BCMCommon.dll || 3.0.6912.0 |
| BcmHistoryAddin.dll || 3.0.6912.0 |
| BCMRes.dll || 3.0.6912.0 |
| BusinessLayer.dll || 3.0.6912.0 |
| Iris.Mapi.MessageStore.dll || 3.0.6912.0 |
| Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.dll || 3.0.6912.0 |
| Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.dll || 3.0.6912.0 |
| Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.ImportExportUI.dll || 3.0.6912.0 |
| Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.Reports2.dll || 3.0.6912.0 |
| Microsoft.Interop.Mapi.Interfaces.dll || 3.0.6912.0 |
| Microsoft.Iris.ImportExport.dll || 3.0.6912.0 |
| BcmImportUtility.exe || 3.0.6912.0 |
| ActXmlSourceAdapter.dll || 3.0.6912.0 |
| ActXmlSourceAdapter.config || Not Applicable|
| ActSevenSourceAdapter.dll || 3.0.6912.0 |
| ActSevenSourceAdapter.config || Not Applicable|
| ActEightSourceAdapter.dll || 3.0.6912.0 |
| ActEightSourceAdapter.config ||Not Applicable|
| ActNineSourceAdapter.dll || 3.0.6912.0 |
| ActNineSourceAdapter.config ||Not Applicable|
| QuickBooksXmlSourceAdapter.dll || 3.0.6912.0 |
| QuickBooksXmlSourceAdapter.config ||Not Applicable|
| Microsoft.Interop.Mapi.Impl.dll || 3.0.6912.0 |
| mailmerge.mdb ||Not Applicable |
| Microsoft.Interop.eCRM.Excel.dll || 18.104.22.168 |
| Microsoft.Interop.eCRM.Publisher.dll || 22.214.171.124 |
| Microsoft.Interop.eCRM.Word.dll || 126.96.36.199 |
| Microsoft.eCRM.Office.dll || 188.8.131.52 |
| overview.js ||Not Applicable|
| Wizard.exe.config ||Not Applicable |
| setup.ini ||Not Applicable|
| ImportBCMHelp.chm ||Not Applicable|
| Wizard.exe || 3.0.6912.0 |
| WizardResources.dll || 3.0.6912.0 |
| BcmFirewall.exe || 3.0.6912.0 |
| BcmSqlNetProt.exe || 3.0.6912.0 |
| BcmUser.exe || 3.0.6912.0 |
| BCMRes.resources.dll || 3.0.6912.0 |
| Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.resources.dll || 3.0.6912.0 |
| Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.Reports2.resources.dll || 3.0.6912.0 |
| Wizard.resources.dll ||Not Applicable|
| WizardResources.resources.dll ||Not Applicable|
| setup.exe || 3.0.6912.0 |
| db_create_script.sql ||Not Applicable |
| db_V2ToV3Migrate_script.sql ||Not Applicable |
| db_V3Beta2ToV3Migrate_script.sql ||Not Applicable|
| db_V3Beta2TRToV3Migrate_script.sql ||Not Applicable|
| db_sharedusers.sql ||Not Applicable|
| Bcm.htm ||Not Applicable|
| Registration ||Not Applicable|
You do not have to install this service pack if you have a later version of the files in the tables.
To determine whether the files that are listed in the tables are already installed, follow these steps:
- Start Search Companion. To do this, click Start, and then click Search.
Note If Windows Desktop Search starts, click Click here to use Search Companion.
- In the Search Results window, click All files and folders in the Search Companion pane.
- In the All or part of the file name box, type the name of the file, and then click Search.
- In the list of files, right-click the file that was located, and then click Properties.
- On the General and Version tabs, examine the file properties of the file that is installed on the computer.
Information for administrators about .msp files
The administrative service pack consists of a full-file Microsoft Windows Installer file (.msp file) that is packaged in a self-extracting executable file. The .msp files in the following table are distributed in this service pack.
Collapse this tableExpand this table
|Name of .msp file||Description|
|BCM2007SP1-KB941652-FullFile-ENU||English version of Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2007 SP1|
Article ID: 941652 - Last Review: September 3, 2013 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager
|kbexpertisebeginner kbupdate kbfix kbtshoot KB941652|