Article ID: 2248865 - View products that this article applies to.
When running the System Center Configuration Manager 2007 client agent on a Windows Server 2003 based computer you may notice one or more of the following symptoms:
· Task Manager does not open.
· Windows Explorer becomes unresponsive.
· The computer stops responding to new RDP connection attempts
· Existing RDP sessions hang or time out.
When this problem occurs you may have to wait for some time for the server to become responsive again.
This problem can occur when CCMEXEC (SCCM Inventory Process) performs a NtQueryDirectoryFile call to scan or query the contents of folders containing more than 20,000 files.
To work around this issue exclude the drive or directory from the software inventory scan. To do this complete the steps below:
1. Browse to the root of the drive/directory warranting exclusion.
2. On the toolbar, choose File > New > Text Document
3. Name the file Skpswi.dat and give it a hidden attribute.
Alternatively, if the Configuration Manager 2007 client agent is not needed or required then it can be disabled or uninstalled.
(http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=151500)for other considerations.
Article ID: 2248865 - Last Review: July 1, 2010 - Revision: 1.0