Consider the following scenario:
- You have a computer that is running the Russian version of Windows Server 2008.
- You want to confirm or cancel the changes in the Add Target dialog box in the LUN Management component.
However, you cannot do this because the OK
buttons are missing from the Add Target
The LUN Management component is part of the DFS Management tool under Administrative Tools in Windows Server 2008.
To do work around this problem, use keyboard shortcuts to access the functionality of the missing OK
To do this in the scenario that is described in the "Symptoms" section, follow these steps:
- Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click DFS Management.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
Collapse this imageExpand this image
- In the console tree, click LUN Management.
- On the Actions pane, click Manage iSCSI Targets.
- In the Manage iSCSI Targets dialog box, select the iSCSI storage subsystem that you want to configure in the Select a subsystem to manage list, and then click Add.
- In the Add Target dialog box, type a name that you want to use for the target in the Target Friendly Name box. A separate iSCSI name will be automatically assigned.
- In the Select portals to enable for this target list, click to select the check box next to each IP address that the target should use.
- Press ALT+О to confirm the changes, or press ALT+Т to cancel the changes.
Note If you are using an English-language keyboard on a system that has the Russian keyboard selected in the Input Method Editor (IME), the О and Т characters are represented by the J and N keys, respectively. Therefore, in this situation, you press ALT+J to confirm and ALT+N to cancel.
Article ID: 949822 - Last Review: May 19, 2008 - Revision: 1.0
- Windows Server 2008 Datacenter without Hyper-V
- Windows Server 2008 Enterprise without Hyper-V
- Windows Server 2008 for Itanium-Based Systems
- Windows Server 2008 Standard without Hyper-V
- Windows Server 2008 Datacenter
- Windows Server 2008 Enterprise
- Windows Server 2008 Standard
|kbprb kbexpertiseinter kbtshoot KB949822|