Microsoft Office 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1) provides the latest updates for Office 2010. This service pack includes two main categories of fixes:
- Previously unreleased fixes that were made specifically for this service pack. In addition to general product fixes, these fixes include improvements in stability, performance, and in security.
- All the public updates that were released through June 2011, and all the cumulative updates that were released through April 2011.
How to obtain and install the service packMethod 1: Microsoft Update (recommended)
To download the service pack from Microsoft Update, visit the following Microsoft website:
Enrolling in Microsoft Update is the recommended way to update the products to SP1. Microsoft Update will detect which products that you have installed, and then apply all updates to the products.Method 2: Download the SP1 package from Microsoft Download Center
The following files are available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Microsoft Office 2010 Service Pack 1 64-bit package now.
Collapse this imageExpand this image
Download the Microsoft Office 2010 Service Pack 1 32-bit package now.
Collapse this imageExpand this image
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
For more information about a complete list of all released SP1 desktop packages, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
List of all Microsoft Office 2010 Service Pack 1 packages
Overview of Office 2010 SP1 improvements
Specifically, these are the key areas of improvement in SP1.
Access 2010 SP1Downloadable list of issues that the service pack fixes
- Access 2010 SP1 adds a new feature to integrate community content in the Application Parts gallery.
- Fixes an issue that occurs when you try to export an Access file to an Excel workbook.
- Improves the performance when publishing client forms from Access that contains embedded images
Excel 2010 SP1
- Improves the overall stability, performance and backward compatibility with earlier versions by addressing bugs that affect lots of users. For specific bugs fixes, download the "Microsoft Office 2010 Service Pack 1 Changes" workbook discussed later in this article.
- Function names now maintain backward compatibility with earlier versions of Excel for the Czech, Dutch, Danish, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, and Turkish languages.
Note This issue is described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) article:
Function names changed in non-English versions of Excel 2010 SP1
OneNote 2010 SP1
- Added a new Open from web option that is located under the File Open menu. This enables you to open OneNote notebooks from SkyDrive.
- The Web option and the Network option are now added under the File Share menu. This makes it easier to share a notebook.
- You can use the Quik Filling feature to save your local Unfiled Notes section to another section, or to SkyDrive. To do this, click File, Options, Save and Backup, and then click Modify.
- Improves how OneNote synchronizes with SharePoint or SkyDrive.
- OneNote 2010 SP1 now uses Windows Live Essentials to log on to SkyDrive.
- Fixes an issue that occurred when you applied a bullet or a numbered list to an empty line, or lines.
- Fixes an issue where notebooks are visible in the navigation bar when you open or create lots of notebooks, and then minimize them.
- Fixes an issue in which the incorrect style is used for the next line after a pasted link.
- Fixes an issue in which the marked as read pages in OneNote 2010 changes to mark as unread.
- Improves performance when a shared notebook is used by lots of users who use section groups.
- OneNote 2010 SP1 now highlights items within the search results.
- Fixes an issue that an ink may not move correctly when you share a notebook.
- OneNote 2010 SP1 corrects the highlighting feature when you perform a search for certain text that is located inside a multipage XPS file.
- Fixes an issue where the ink may not move as expected when you use the Insert Space command. Additionally, various other ink moving issues are addressed.
- OneNote 2010 SP1 fixes the highlighting feature when you review a page that uses the highlighter tool.
- A detailed error message is now when you use OneNote on a computer while other users are using SkyDrive OneNote on the same computer.
- Improves performance when you use SharePoint 2010 to share a notebook on a slow network.
- Fixes an issue in which you receive a "Exception 0x80042001(InvalidXML)" error message when you use the OneNote object model to export, and then import a page that contains Swedish content.
- When you open OneNote 2010 for the first time, OneNote prompts you to set up your first notebook on SkyDrive or on a local location. OneNote 2010 SP1 adds a new DisableSkydriveSetupOnFirstBoot registry value to turn this feature off, and create the notebook locally.
- Improved performance when you create a new page by using a template.
- Fixes an issue in which the printout is displayed as a red X when you copy or move a page that contains a printout in OneNote 2010 format to OneNote 2007 format.
- Fixes an author issue on a page when you use the OneNote object model to export and then import the page.
- OneNote 2010 SP1 now correctly scrolls when the mouse pointer is near the edges of the screen.
- OneNote 2010 SP1 can now open or synchronize notebooks created on SkyDrive that contains any of the following characters:
, ",", &, %, #, ~, +
- Fixes certain issues that Windows 7 users or Windows Vista users experience when they connect to SkyDrive, or use SkyDrive.
- Fixes an issue in which you may lose customized note flags when an Add-in prevents OneNote 2010 from closing.
- Fixes an issue an issue with the object model UpdateHierarchy method.
Outlook 2010 SP1
- Outlook 2010 SP1 includes Office 365 support.
- Outlook 2010 SP1 can be set to always use the default sending account.
- Fixes an issue in which the snooze time does not reset between appointments.
PowerPoint 2010 SP1
- The default behavior for the Use Presenter View option is changed to display the slide show on the secondary monitor, and display the notes on the primary monitor.
- Fixes an issue in which an incorrect animation state occurs after you browse through all the slides.
- Fixes an issue in which the mouse pointer disappears when you select the Second Monitor option from the Show On list.
- Fixes an issue in which you receive the following error message when you edit or enable an Excel object that contains Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) code.
Error accessing file. Network connection may have been lost.
Microsoft PowerPoint can't start the application required to open this object. An error occurred and this feature is no longer functioning properly. Would you like to repair this feature now?
- Fixes an issue in which an incorrect Runs.Count value is returned when a PowerPoint 2003 format presentation runs a PowerPoint 2010 object model command.
- Fixes an issue in which audio or video media that was created on a Mac-based computer does not play back on a Windows-based computer.
- Fixes an issue in which the images in an Enhanced Windows Medafile (EMF) file displays incorrectly when you save a slide as an Enhanced Windows Medafile (EMF) file, and then use a high resolution to print it.
- Fixes an issue in which a pen cannot persist through the Slide Show mode when you use the pen as a pointer.
- Fixes an issue that a default language change is not propagated to new slides or to new presentations.
- Fixes an issue in which a linked image is not saved when you insert the linked image in a presentation, and then save the presentation an Open Document Format (ODF) file.
Word 2010 SP1
A workbook is available that lists the issues that are fixed by this service pack.
Download the Microsoft Office 2010 Service Pack 1 Changes.xlsx package now.
Collapse this imageExpand this image
(http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/1/2/512CC712-4070-4CFF-BC4A-B3AFF0E21A1E/Microsoft Office 2010 Service Pack 1 Changes.xlsx)
This workbook is in English. It is not translated into any other languages. Known issues and behavior changes
Known issues that you may experience when you install the Microsoft Office 2010 Service Pack 1 and Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Service Pack 1
For more information about this service pack that includes a list of files affected, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Technical details about the Microsoft Office 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1) releases
Article ID: 2460049 - Last Review: December 11, 2012 - Revision: 8.0
- Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010
- Microsoft Office Professional 2010
- Microsoft Office Standard 2010
- Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010
- Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010
- Microsoft Office Starter 2010
|kbsurveytest atdownload kbexpertiseinter kbexpertisebeginner kbsurveynew KB2460049|