When you start your computer, you may receive the following
There is no disk in the drive. Please
insert a disk into drive \Device\harddisk\Dr1
When you try to print a
Microsoft Word document, you may also receive the following error message:
This issue occurs when all the following conditions are all
- You have a removable drive, such as an Iomega Zip drive,
configured as drive letter C.
- You do not have a removable disk in the removable disk
To resolve the issue, use one of the following methods:
- Insert a removable disk in the removable drive before you
start the computer.
- Change the drive letter assignment for the removable drive
to a letter other than C.
To change the drive letter assignments in
Windows XP, follow these steps:
- Log on to the computer as Administrator.
- Insert a disk in the removable drive.
- Click Start, right-click My
Computer, and then click Manage.
- Click Disk Management.
- Right-click the partition, logical drive, or volume
that you want to change, and then click Change Drive Letter and
- Click the removable drive, click it, click
Change, click the drive letter that you want to use, and then
has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed
at the beginning of this article.
Article ID: 330137 - Last Review: September 23, 2011 - Revision: 3.0
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition