Follow these steps to automatically repair issues including corrupted registry keys that block you from installing or removing programs:
- Select the Download button on this page.
- In the File Download dialog box, click Run or Open, and then follow the steps in in the Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter.
- This troubleshooter might be in English only. However, the automatic fix also works for versions of Windows in other languages.
- If you’re not on the computer that has the problem, save the troubleshooter to a flash drive or a CD, and then run it on the computer that has the problem.
What it fixes
- Corrupted registry keys on 64-bit operating systems
- Corrupted registry keys that control the update data
- Problems that prevent new programs from being installed
- Problems that prevent existing programs from being completely uninstalled or updated
- Problems that block you from uninstalling a program through Add or Remove Programs (or Programs and Features) in Control Panel
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
Article ID: 17588 - Last Review: Jun 7, 2016 - Revision: 15