A family group helps families stay connected and keeps kids safer on Windows 10, Xbox One devices, and Android devices running Microsoft Family Safety. It's free, and it's one of the many benefits of having a Microsoft account. With the settings on family.microsoft.com, you can get reports on a child's activity, set screen time limits, check on a child's location, limit which websites and games they can access, and require your approval to purchase from the Microsoft Store.
Set up and manage your family group
To set up your family group:
- Go to family.microsoft.com.
- Select Create a family group and follow the directions.
You can then invite members to join and start to set things up. Family groups can be used on Xbox One, too. Keep reading, and if you still aren't finding what you're looking for, see Xbox One: Family.
To manage your family group, you can:
Select a topic in this list to learn more about the family features, and it'll open to show more info:
- Parental consent and Microsoft child accounts
- How to change the birthdate on a Microsoft account
- Add members to your family group
- Remove members from your family group (other members or yourself)
- Xbox One online safety and privacy settings for parents and kids
- About the core family safety features of Xbox One