You can't find an app that a friend or family member told you about. Or you found it on your Windows 10 laptop but not on your Windows 10 Mobile device. Or you found it, but you can't install it. What's going on? Here are some possibilities:
- The app isn't available in your country or region. Not all apps are available worldwide. So the app your friend saw in France might not be available in Germany. If you bought an app in one country or region and then you moved to another one, apps you had might disappear.
- Microsoft family settings might be hiding apps. Parents can use Microsoft family settings to make sure that their child can't view or install apps that are inappropriate for their age. Get more info.
- The app is no longer available. Sometimes an app is removed from Microsoft Store, but it takes a little time for the app description page to get pulled down.
- The app is not compatible with your device. Microsoft Store automatically hides or blocks the Buy button on apps that are incompatible with your device. You might see an app from Microsoft Store available on your PC, but not on another PC, or your Xbox.
- Your PC was recently updated, but wasn't restarted. If updates for Windows were recently installed, you'll need to restart your PC before you can install apps from Microsoft Store.
If you've check all of the possible reasons listed and are still unable to find or install apps, you can try clearing the cache for Microsoft Store.
Article ID: 13765 - Last Review: Oct 26, 2017 - Revision: 16