Note This release also contains updates for Microsoft HoloLens (OS Build 17134.80) released May 22, 2018.
Improvements and fixes
This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:
- Addresses an issue that may have caused some devices with Toshiba XG4 Series, Toshiba XG5 Series, or Toshiba BG3 Series SSDs to have lower battery life.
- Addresses an issue that may have caused select devices with Intel SSD 600p Series or Intel SSD Pro 6000p Series to stop working or repeatedly enter a UEFI screen after restart.
- Addresses an issue in Internet Explorer that might cause communication between web workers to fail in certain asynchronous scenarios with multiple visits to a web page.
- Addresses additional issues with updated time zone information.
- Addresses an issue where closed-caption settings are preserved after upgrade.
- Addresses a reliability issue that may cause Microsoft Edge or other applications to stop responding when you create a new audio endpoint while audio or video playback is starting.
- Addresses an issue that may cause Windows Hello enrollment to fail on certain hardware that has dGPUs.
- Addresses an issue with power regression on systems with NVMe devices from certain vendors.
If you installed earlier updates, only the new fixes in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.
Known issues in this update
Some users running Windows 10 version 1803 may receive an error "An invalid argument was supplied" when accessing files or running programs from a shared folder using the SMBv1 protocol.
This issue is resolved in KB4284848.
|After upgrading to Window 10 version 1803, some users cannot run QuickBooks (2017, 2018) in multi-user mode. Users may see the error code, "Error 193:0xc1 Windows could not start the QuickBooksDBXX service on Local Computer."|| |
This issue is resolved in KB4338548. Users will now be offered Window 10 version 1803.
How to get this update
To download and install this update, go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and select Check for updates.
To get the standalone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
For a list of the files that are provided in this update, download the file information for cumulative update 4100403.