This article describes the issues that are fixed in the Update Rollup for Azure File Sync Agent (Preview) that is dated December 2017. This article also contains installation instructions for the update.
Improvements and issues that are fixed
- Files that consistently do not upload to the Azure File share are blocked and not retried by the File Synchronization service.
If the server has the Azure File Sync update rollup for November 2017 (KB 4052531) installed, Event 1101 is logged in the Microsoft-FileSync-Agent/Diagnostic event log for every file that’s blocked. The Event 1101 message mentions the following error:
Error: 0x80c80065 - The file has been identified to produce persistent errors during sync. Hence, it is blocked from transfering data until the retry interval is reached.
Note Because update rollups for Azure File Sync Agent (Preview) are cumulative, this update includes all the improvements and fixes that were included in the previous cumulative updates.
More information about this update
- This update rollup is available for Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows Server 2016 installations that have Azure File Sync agent (Preview) installed.
- A restart may be required if files are being used during the update rollup installation.
How to obtain and install Update Rollup for Azure File Sync Agent (Preview): December 2017
Update rollup packages for the Azure File Sync agent are available from Microsoft Update or by manual download.
To get and install an update package from Microsoft Update, follow these steps on a server that has Azure File Sync agent installed.
Windows Server 2016
- Select Start, and then select Settings.
- In Settings, select Update & security.
- In the Windows Update window, select Check online for updates from Microsoft Update.
- Verify that the update rollup package is listed, and then select Install now.
Windows Server 2012 R2
- Select Start, and then select Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Windows Update.
- In the Windows Update window, select Check for updates.
- Select Important updates are available.
- Verify that the update rollup package is selected, and then select Install.
Go to the following website to manually download the update package from the Microsoft Update Catalog:
To manually install the update package, run the following command at an elevated command prompt:
msiexec.exe /p packagename.msp REINSTALLMODE=OMUS REINSTALL=StorageSyncAgent /qb /l*vx storagesyncagentupdate.log
For example, to install the Azure File Sync agent update for Windows Server 2016, run the following command:
msiexec.exe /p StorageSyncAgent_WS2016_KB4057384.msp REINSTALLMODE=OMUS REINSTALL=StorageSyncAgent /qb /l*vx storagesyncagentupdate.log