To pin apps to the taskbar
- Press and hold (or right-click) an app, and then select More > Pin to taskbar.
- If the app is already open on the desktop, press and hold (or right click) the app's taskbar button, and then select Pin to taskbar.
To add shortcuts to the desktop
- Press and hold (or right-click) the desktop, then select New > Shortcut.
- Enter the location of the item or select Browse to find the item in File Explorer.
- To delete a shortcut from your desktop, press and hold (or right-click) it, then select Delete.
- If you delete a shortcut, only the shortcut is removed, not the original item.
- You can't create shortcuts for Windows Store apps.