Improvements and fixes
This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:
- Addresses issue where Internet Explorer stops working when using F12-based developer tools.
- Addresses issue with printing XML documents with Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
- Updates legacy Document Mode cell visibility in Internet Explorer.
- Addresses issue with pinch and zoom gestures on some hardware in Internet Explorer.
- Addresses issue where Internet Explorer is unresponsive in certain scenarios when a Browser Helper Object is installed.
- Addresses issue to prevent media and other applications from becoming unresponsive or failing when upgrading graphics drivers.
- Addresses issue where customers receive "Check your account, you don't own this content” errors when attempting to play or install owned content. This issue can also result in customers getting kicked out of a game in the middle of play.
- Addresses issue where, after installing KB4056892,KB4073291, KB4058258, KB4077675, or KB4074588 on a server, you may not be able to access SMB shared files in directory junction points or volume mount points hosted on that server. The error is "ERROR_INVALID_REPARSE_DATA”. As a result, editing some group policies using GPMC or AGPM 4.0 may fail with the error "The data present in the reparse point buffer is invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80071128)".
- Addresses issue where an AD FS server issue causes the WID AD FS database to become unusable after a restart. This might prevent the AD FS service from starting.
- Addresses issue where, after installing KB4090913, the Mixed Reality Portal may fail to initialize. This results in an “SXXXXXXX-X” error or a “We couldn’t download the Windows Mixed Reality Software” message may appear after the software is successfully downloaded.
- Due to recent work with our antivirus (AV) partners, AV software has now reached a sustained level of broad compatibility with Windows updates. After analyzing the available data, we’re lifting the AV compatibility check for the March 2018 Windows security updates for supported Windows 10 devices through Windows Update. We’ll continue to require that AV software be compatible. Devices with known AV driver compatibility problems will be blocked from updates. We recommend that customers check installed AV software compatibility with their AV provider.
- Security updates to Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows Desktop Bridge, Windows Kernel, Windows Shell, Windows MSXML, Device Guard, Windows Hyper-V, Windows Installer, and the Microsoft Scripting Engine.
If you installed earlier updates, only the new fixes in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.
For more information about the resolved security vulnerabilities, see the Security Update Guide.
Known issues in this update
|Users with Windows 10 Version 1709 Enterprise that have installed the January 2018 Delta package may encounter failure issues when installing the February and March 2018 updates from the Microsoft Update Catalog. Specifically, the Windows 10, version 1709 February Delta Update may silently fail.|| |
Microsoft is aware of this issue and has expired the following Windows 10 version 1709 Delta Update KBs on the Microsoft Catalog on March 13, 2018:
KB4056892 – January 2018
KB4074588 – February 2018
KB4088776 – March 2018
Microsoft recommends that users uninstall the Windows 10 version 1709 January KB4056892 Delta Update package and install the March 2018 full latest cumulative update, KB4088776. Customers may resume using Delta Update packages with the April 2018 Windows 10 version 1709 monthly cumulative update.
How to get this update
This update will be downloaded and installed automatically from Windows Update. To get the standalone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
Important When installing both the servicing stack update (SSU) and the latest cumulative update (LCU) from the Microsoft Update Catalog, install the SSU before installing the LCU.
For a list of the files that are provided in this update, download the file information for cumulative update 4088776.