If you can connect to the internet using your phone's browser but you are not able to download or update any apps or games from Store, try these steps:
On your phone
Check that your phone is set to the correct date and time.
- Select Settings > Time and language > Date+time (Lumia with Windows Phone 8: Settings > date+time).
- Turn Set date and time automatically to Off, and manually set the current date, time and zone.
Sync your Microsoft account manually and check its status.
- Select People > ... > Settings, tap and hold your Microsoft (Outlook) account and select Synchronize (Lumia with Windows Phone 8: Settings > email+accounts, tap and hold Microsoft (Windows Live) account and select sync).
- Wait your phone to sync and then continue to the next step. If you get an error, use your browser and try searching online to find a support article for the error code.
Go to Store and check if any app or game remains in the downloading phase without finishing, cancel all the pending downloads, restart your phone and then manually check for app or game update from Store. We recommend that you keep your phone connected to a charger and WiFi network when checking for app updates.
- Select Store > Menu > Download and updates (Lumia with Windows Phone 8: Store > ... > downloads), or tap the icon that shows a count of the pending downloads.
- If any of them indicates an error, see the details, then tap on it for more details. To delete an app from the queue, tap on the app and tap X to stop the download and remove it from the queue. Lumia with Windows Phone 8: If any of them indicates Attention required, tap on it for more details. To delete an app from the queue, tap and hold it, then select cancel download.
- Lumia with Windows 10: Make sure your phone doesn’t have a software update pending by going to Settings > Update & security > Phone update.
- Restart your phone and start the manual check for app updates. Go to Store > Menu > Download and updates (Lumia with Windows Phone 8: Store > … > settings, tap check for updates). At the bottom of the screen you will see Check for updates. After checking for updates, select Update all from the top of the screen.
- Keep your phone connected to a charger and WiFi network and leave it untouched while it’s attempting to download the app updates.
On your Microsoft account
Check if the issue is caused by incomplete information in your Microsoft account profile.
- If you do not already have a Microsoft account, you can create one here, or with your phone.
- If you cannot access your account, reset your Microsoft account password online, then enter the new password for your account on your phone: go to Settings > Accounts > Your email and accounts (Lumia with Windows Phone 8: Settings > email+accounts) and select the email check box that appears under Microsoft account.
- Use your browser, sign in to account.microsoft.com with your Microsoft account email address.
- If your email address is not verified, simply tap the verify your email address link and you will receive an email from the Microsoft account team with instructions on verifying your address.
- Tap Basic info, make sure that you have given your date of birth correctly in your details. This is required to verify your age.
If you have a new device associated with your Microsoft account you may have reached your device limit. Remove devices that you no longer have or use:
- Important: Using this will de-provision the phone from all Microsoft services, and require a hard reset before the phone can be used again.
- Browse to account.microsoft.com/devices and sign in with your Microsoft account email address.
- Next to the phone you would like to remove, select Remove.
- Select the I'm ready to remove this device check box and then confirm the removal.
Article ID: 13390 - Last Review: 28/06/2016 - Revision: 10