This security update resolves vulnerabilities in Microsoft Office that could allow remote code execution if a user opens a specially crafted Office file. To learn more about these vulnerabilities, see Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2017-11786.
Note To apply this security update, you must have the release version of Skype for Business 2016 installed on the computer.
Improvements and fixes
- Improves the conference experience for active speaker video stream in VDIv2 in Skype for Business 2016
- "The video preview won't show" error occurs when you start a video call in Skype for Business 2016 in VDIv2
- Skype for Business 2016 sign-in fails when the client moves from internal to external Internet connection
- A contacts group is deleted when renaming the group by using the Delete key in Skype for Business 2016
- Duplicated working numbers for contacts are displayed in call drop-down menu in Skype for Business 2016
- Recipient information in the call history is incomplete after a call from Skype for Business 2016 to a mobile phone number
- Call control features are unavailable when answering RGS calls by using Skype for Business 2016
- Update for mobile clients to join PSTN calls with one tap in Skype for Business 2016
- IM is still disabled after you clear the "Disable IM" option for an existing Skype for Business 2016 meeting
- The Present button is unavailable in a peer-to-peer video call in Skype for Business 2016
- Can't automatically log on to Skype for Business 2016 that has December 6, 2016 update installed
- Adds a new "Show/Hide My Video" button for VDIv2 users to minimize the self-view video in Skype for Business 2016
- Several seconds delay on an incoming instant message toast in Skype for Business 2016
- Skype video freezes during a call between Skype for Business 2016 and a conference room device
How to get and install the update
Method 1: Microsoft Update
This update is available from Microsoft Update. When you turn on automatic updating, this update will be downloaded and installed automatically. For more information about how to get security updates automatically, see Windows Update: FAQ.
Method 2: Microsoft Update Catalog
To get the stand-alone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
Method 3: Microsoft Download Center
You can get the stand-alone update package through the Microsoft Download Center. Follow the installation instructions on the download page to install the update.
Security update deployment information
For deployment information about this update, see security update deployment information: October 10, 2017.
Security update replacement information
This security update replaces previously released security update KB4011040.
File hash information
|Package name||Package hash SHA 1||Package hash SHA 2|
The English version of this security update has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and the times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). The dates and the times for these files on your local computer are displayed in your local time together with your current daylight saving time (DST) bias. Additionally, the dates and the times may change when you perform certain operations on the files.
How to get help and support for this security update
Help for installing updates: Windows Update FAQ
Security solutions for IT professionals: Security Support and Troubleshooting
Help for protecting your Windows-based computer from viruses and malware: Microsoft Secure
Local support according to your country: International Support
Propose a feature or provide feedback on Skype: Skype User Voice portal