For most people, in most regions
- Sign in to Your info on the Microsoft account website.
- Select Edit your personal info.
- Change your birthdate, and select Save.
For child accounts, in some regions
If the birthdate on a Microsoft account says that it belongs to a child, there are different steps to take in regions such as the United States of America and the Republic of Korea, and other regions that regulate what children can do online.
I'm a parent, trying to change my child's birthdate
- Using the parent's Microsoft account, sign in to your Family page on the Microsoft account website.
- Select Manage my child's profile info.
- For the child’s account that you want to change, select Edit this child's personal info and then follow the instructions.
I’m an adult, but my account thinks I’m a child
To change your own account from a child account to a full account, you need to prove that you're an adult. You have two options:
Article ID: 12411 - Last Review: 3 Aug 2017 - Revision: 26