Get important safety, health, and use info, including instructions about water resistance, for Microsoft Band and Microsoft Band 2.
Product safety guide for Microsoft Band and Microsoft Band 2
Here’s how to maintain your Band’s water resistance:
- Don’t immerse your Band in any liquid or place it in a washing machine.
- Don’t expose your Band to water at high velocity or pressure, such as waves or a waterfall.
- Don’t expose your Band to saltwater, ionized water, or soapy water.
- If your Band gets wet, dry it promptly with a clean, soft cloth.
Microsoft Band and Microsoft Band 2 meet these standards for dust- and water-resistance:
- IP6X: No ingress of dust. Complete protection against entry of dust.
- IPX7: Protection against temporary immersion in water (at depth of 1 meter for 30 minutes).
- IP67: Meets both the dust- and water-resistance standards above.
Microsoft Band and Microsoft Band 2 have tested to the IPX7 standard. Although they meet this standard in testing, Microsoft Band and Microsoft Band 2 are not intended to be immersed in water and immersion is not covered by the warranty.
Dropping your Band may impair or weaken its water resistance. Take care to avoid sudden impacts.