Redeem your gift card or code
The easiest way to redeem a gift card or code is by visiting microsoft.com/redeem. If you or your family have multiple Microsoft accounts, make sure you're signed in to the one to which you want to apply the gift card or code. Then enter the 25-character code, select Next, and follow the instructions on the screen.
See Find your downloads and product keys for more info about downloading and installing apps and games.
Redeem a gift card or code on Windows 10 or Xbox devices
- Open Microsoft Store .
- Select the See more menu (next to the Search box).
- Select Redeem a code. If you aren't already signed in, sign in to the Microsoft account on which you want to redeem the code.
- Enter your code and select Redeem.
- If the card or code has money on it, we'll apply the entire balance to your Microsoft account. You can use it to buy things from Microsoft Store online, on Windows 10, and on Xbox One.
- If the card or code is for a specific app or game, we'll add it to your personal library, where you can download and install it. Go to My Library in Microsoft Store. When some apps or games are redeemed, they will take you to the product page where you can also download and install.
- If the card or code is for a subscription, you can find it in your Services & subscriptions.
The following are common reasons you might be unable to redeem a card or code.
- Once a code has been redeemed, it can't be redeemed again.
- Check your order history to see if it was already redeemed on your account.
- If you have more than one Microsoft account, you might have redeemed it on the other one. Try signing in with your other Microsoft account and try redeeming again, or checking your order history.
Visit the Error & Status Code Search page to learn more about errors when you're redeeming an Xbox code.
See Microsoft gift card terms and conditions for more info about gift card refunds.