Windows Essentials 2012 suite reached end of support on January 10, 2017.
Windows Essentials 2012, which included Windows Movie Maker, has been unavailable for download since January 10, 2017. Any websites offering free downloads of Movie Maker are not offering sanctioned Microsoft products. Be cautious as these products may contain viruses or hidden costs.
This page provides late-breaking or other information about Windows Essentials 2012.
This page provides late-breaking or other information about Windows Live Family Safety 2012
If you see the error message "The user account has been blocked," open a web browser, go to the Microsoft Account page and sign in with the same Microsoft account. After you sign in online, go back to Writer and try to sign in to Windows Essentials again with the same Microsoft account.
Because Writer doesn't support rendering of images using vector markup language (VML), pictures copied from Word into a blog in Writer might not appear if VML is turned on in Word.
To turn off rendering of images using VML
- Open Microsoft Word.
- Click the File tab or Microsoft Office Button, and then click Options or Word Options.
- In the Word Options dialog box, click Advanced.
- Under General, click Web Options.
- Clear the check box next to Rely on VML for displaying graphics in browsers, and then click OK.
If you copy and paste a bulleted or numbered list from Word or Outlook into a blog in Writer, the bullets or numbers will be converted into text.
To add bullets or numbers to a list
- Delete the bullets or numbers that were converted into text.
- On the Home tab, click the Bullets or Numbering button.
Article ID: 13785 - Last Review: Nov 15, 2017 - Revision: 99