Follow these steps to automatically repair Windows Firewall problems:
- Select the Download button on this page.
- In the File Download dialog box, click Run or Open, and then follow the steps in the Windows Firewall Troubleshooter.
- This troubleshooter might be in English only. However, the automatic fix also works for versions of Windows in other languages.
- If you’re not on the computer that has the problem, save the troubleshooter to a flash drive or a CD, and then run it on the computer that has the problem.
- Windows Firewall isn’t the default firewall
- Windows Firewall doesn't start
- Windows couldn’t start Windows Firewall (Service-specific error 5 (0x5))
- Remote Assistance isn’t working because it’s blocked by Windows Firewall
- You’re unable to access shared files and printers because sharing is blocked by Windows Firewall
- BFE service is missing
- Firewall won’t start (Error Code 80070424)
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10