To download and install a Windows 7 Service Pack 1 language pack, follow these steps:
- Start Microsoft Update. To do this, click Start , type Microsoft Update in the Start Search box, and then click Microsoft Update in the Programs list.
- Click the optional update links for the language packs.
- Under the Windows 7 Language Packs category,select the desired language pack.
Note If you install many additional language packs, the disk space and the system performance are affected. In particular, disk space and system performance are affected during servicing operations, such as service pack installations. Therefore, we recommend that you only add a language pack to your computer if you will use the language pack.
- Click OK, and then click Install updates to start the download and installation process.
Language packs also let multiple users who share a computer select distinct display languages. For example, one user can select to see the dialog boxes, menus, and other text in Japanese, whereas another user can select to see the same content in French.
To change the display language, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then type Change display language in the Start Search box.
- Click Change display language.
- In the drop-down list that appears, select the language that you want, and then click OK.
- Click Start, and then type Uninstall display language in the Start Search box.
- Click Install or uninstall display languages.
- Click Uninstall display languages.
- Select the language or the languages that you want to uninstall, and then click Next.
- Follow the rest of the steps to uninstall this language or these languages.
- Click the Windows 7 Language Packs category in the Select the updates you want to install page to highlight all the language packs.
- Right-click the highlighted updates, and then select Hide update.
Article ID: 2483139 - Last Review: Oct 18, 2017 - Revision: 4