My Language is
My Language is English My Language is 中文(繁體)
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing the problem described in this article. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for applying this hotfix.
Installation instructionsTo install this hotfix, follow these steps:
- Copy all the contents of the Windows installation ISO image file to a folder. For example, copy the file to C:\WorkingDir.
- Extract Uxlibres.dll.mui from the Hotfix.cab file. Then, copy Uxlibres.dll.mui to C:\WorkingDir\sources\ZH-hk, and replace the original file.
- Create a temporary mount directory. For example, create C:\temp\mount.
- Mount Boot.wim by using a DISM command. To do this, open a command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:DISM /mount-wim /wimfile:C:\WorkingDir\sources\Boot.wim /index:2 /mountdir:C:\temp\mount
- Extract Uxlibres.dll.mui in hotfix.cab, copy Uxlibres.dll.mui to C:\temp\mount\sources\ZH-HK, and then replace the original file.
- Commit the changes. To do this, open a command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:DISM /unmount-wim /mountdir:C:\temp\mount /commitTo do this on x64-based versions of Windows 7, open a command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:DISM /image=folder 1 /Add-Package /PackagePath:folder 3/Windows6.1-KB2521168-x64.cab
- Use a DISM command to unmount Boot.wim. To do this, open a command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:DISM /unmount-wim /mountdir:folder 2/commit
- Create the ISO file by using the Automated Installation Kit (AIK) forWindows 7. For more information about the AIK for Windows 7, visit the following Microsoft website: