- Previously unreleased fixes that were made specifically for this service pack. In addition to general product fixes, this includes improvements in stability, in performance, and in security.
- All the public updates, security updates, cumulative updates, and hotfixes that were released through September 2011.
How to obtain and install the service packs
Method 1: Microsoft Update (recommended)
To download the service pack from Microsoft Update, visit the following Microsoft website:
Enrolling in Microsoft Update is the recommended way to update products to SP3. Microsoft Update will detect which products that you have installed, and then apply all updates to the products.
Method 2: Download the SP3 package from Microsoft Download Center
The following files are available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the 2007 Office Suite SP3 package now.
Download the Office Language Pack 2007 SP3 package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Overview of the 2007 Office suite SP3 improvements
- Documents that require custom security trimming are not returned from alert search queries, even if the user who created the alert could see and query for these documents.
- Non-Unicode characters in certain error message strings now display correctly.
- Four new bibliography styles are now available in the "Word Citations & Bibliography" feature: Harvard Anglia, IEEE, APA Sixth Edition, and MLA Seventh Edition.
- Chinese New Year holiday is now included in the Outlook calendar for Singapore.
- Fixes an issue in which Excel 2007 sometimes crashes when you open an Excel workbook previously saved in a newer version of Excel. This occurs if the file uses a new feature that is not available in the 2007 Office system.
- Fixes issues with the Pre and Post Reform rules in the French Thesaurus.
- Fixes an issue in which encryption settings are not configurable when they are used with a file format compatibility pack converter and Office 2003 or an earlier version of Office.
- Fixes an issue in which a crash sometimes occurs when an Excel workbook is opened in Excel and then previewed by using the Windows Explorer preview pane feature.
- Fixes an issue in which Excel Slicers and Ribbon customizations are lost when an XLSX file is first saved as an ODS file, and then saved as an XLSX file in Excel 2007.
Known issues and behavior changes
For more information about this service pack, including a list of the affected files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Service pack removal
2007 Microsoft Office Service Pack 3 supports removal of client updates by using both the command line and the Microsoft Service Pack Uninstall Tool for the 2007 Microsoft Office suite. The Service Pack Uninstall Tool is available as a separate download. For more information about this tool, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
954914 Microsoft Service Pack Uninstall Tool for the 2007 Microsoft Office suite
Article ID: 2526086 - Last Review: Oct 25, 2011 - Revision: 1