This article describes how to generate a Device Manager report and save it to a text file. Device Manager does not have a Save command available for you to save a report to a text file. To save a Device Manager report to a text file, you must install a Generic Text Only printer and then redirect the Device Manager report to this printer:
- Click Start, point to Settings, click Printers, double-click Add Printer Wizard, and then follow the steps to install a local "Generic/Text Only" printer.
- Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, double-click System, click the Hardware tab, and then click Device Manager.
- Click View, and then click Print.
NOTE: To generate a complete report, click to select the All devices and system summary check box.
- Select the "Generic/Text Only" printer, and then click to select the Print to File check box.
- Click Print, and then type a path and filename for the Device Manager report. For example: C:\DevMan.txt.