This article applies to the following product:
- BizTalk Adapter Pack 2010
Consider the following scenario:
- You install the following software on a computer:
- Microsoft BizTalk Adapter Pack 2010
- Microsoft Azure AppFabric SDK V1.0 - April Update
- Microsoft BizTalk Server 2010 Feature Pack
- You use the Microsoft Azure AppFabric portal to register a Service Bus service namespace.
- You use the WCF Adapter Service template to try to create a project in Microsoft Visual Studio 2010. The WCF Adapter Service Development Wizard starts.
- You perform the following actions in the WCF Adapter Service Development Wizard:
- You select one operation, and then you add some details of a binding in the Choose Operations step.
- You select the Extend the reach of the service on the cloud check box in the AppFabric Connect step.
- You type the name of the Service Bus service namespace in the Service Namespace box.
The servicenamespace entered is not valid. Enter a valid servicenamespace to continue.
- After you receive this error message, the Next button is unavailable.
- This issue also occurs in the wizard when you use a custom adapter that is created by using the following SDK:Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) Line of Business (LOB) Adapter SDK
Cumulative update package information
The hotfix that resolves this issue is included in cumulative update package 2 for BizTalk Adapter Pack 2010.
For more information about how to obtain this cumulative update package, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2572999 Cumulative update package 2 for BizTalk Adapter Pack 2010
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about the AppFabric Connect feature, visit the following Microsoft website:
2003907 Information about BizTalk Server hotfixes