- You have a Windows 7-based or Windows Server 2008 R2-based computer that uses a third-party Wireless Wide Area Network (WWAN) adapter.
- You plug a SIM card into the WWAN adapter and then connect to the network by using the adapter.
- You put the computer into sleep mode (system power state S3).
- You remove the SIM card from the WWAN adapter, and then you plug the SIM card back into the adapter.
- You resume the computer from sleep mode.
Hotfix informationTo fix this issue, install the update that is described in Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) article 2719857. For more information about KB 2719857, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
PrerequisitesTo apply this hotfix, you must be running Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) or Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1. For more information about how to obtain a Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 service pack, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Article ID: 2688892 - Last Review: Dec 13, 2012 - Revision: 1