- An antivirus product may not detect an infected file.
- An application may report a problem that affects a file. This issue most likely would occur when another application, such as an on-demand scanner, is enumerating and scanning large collections of files at the same time. For example, the application may report that the file format is bad or corrupted.
- An application or driver may not access the file correctly.
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing the problem described in this article. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, go to the following Microsoft website:
Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesTo apply this hotfix, you must be running one of the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 (SP2)
- Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (SP2)
Registry informationTo apply this hotfix, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Restart requirementYou must restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace a previously released hotfix.
Article ID: 2698155 - Last Review: Jun 11, 2013 - Revision: 1