Fix your slow computerIs your computer slow? No matter how good you are about keeping your computer clean and up to date, all computers seem to slow down after time. This easy to follow, step by step guide will help to speed up your computer.
The causes can include:
- Not enough hard drive space, too many unused programs
- Left over programs, old cached and temporary files
- Too many programs running at startup or in the background
- Data Corruption, hard disk fragmentation
- Missing Windows updates or outdated drivers
Improve the performance of your Windows computerWhatever the cause, there are lots of ways to help speed up your computer and make your PC work better—even without upgrading your hardware.
Article ID: 2746761 - Last Review: Dec 13, 2012 - Revision: 1
Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows Vista Business, Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3, Windows 8, Windows 8 Pro, Windows Server 2012 Essentials, Windows Server 2012 Standard, Windows Server 2012 Standard, Windows Server 2012 Standard, Windows Server 2012 Standard, Windows Small Business Server 2011 Essentials