- Microsoft Word 2013 RT
- Microsoft Excel 2013 RT
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 RT
- Microsoft OneNote 2013 RT
This update includes previously unreleased fixes that were made specifically for Office 2013. In addition to general product fixes, these fixes include improvements in stability, performance, and security.
The update will automatically be applied through Windows Update. (An Internet Wi-Fi connection is required for the update, and Internet usage charges may apply.)
How to find Windows Update by using the Start screenWindows Update is included in Control Panel. To check for updates, follow these steps:
- Take one of the following actions:
- Swipe in from the right-side edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
- If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.
- Type Windows Update in the search box, tap or click Settings, and then tap or click Install optional updates.
Known issues that you may experience when you install the updateYou may experience the following issues when you install the update for Office Home and Student 2013 RT Preview that upgrades the preview edition to the final edition:
- Microsoft Word reports insufficent memory or disk space error - If you click the Home tab after you install the update, you may receive the following error message: There is insufficient memory or disk space. Word cannot display the requested font.
Resolution Close all Office applications, and then restart the device. This action will correctly register fonts and resolve the error.
- Disk space - Before you install the RT Preview update, you should make sure that you have sufficient disk space. For caching, the packages may require up to four times their file size in remaining disk space during installation.
- Error Code 5052 – Office Apps in Use - In certain situations, the update installation may fail with a 5052 error code. This code indicates that Office RT applications are still running.
Resolution Verify that all Office applications are closed before you install the update. If the update continues to fail with this error, restart your device, and then try to install the update again.
- Duplicate Office icons on the taskbar - When you launch any of the Office RT applications, a duplicate icon for the application instance is created on the Windows Desktop taskbar instead of using the pinned taskbar shortcut icon
Resolution Close all Office applications, and reboot the device.
- Office taskbar shortcuts displaying as blank white icons in Desktop mode - In certain instances, pinned Office taskbar icons will display as blank white icons instead of as each application’s respective icon.
Resolution Use this Fix It solution to automatically resolve the issue.
- Error codes - The error codes in the following table can be considered "exit codes" or "return codes" that the Windows Update service may return when you install this update. You can use these error codes for error-level trapping and to help you diagnose installation issues.
|ExitCode_NoError||0||Action completed successfully.|
|ExitCode_ErrorDiskSpace||5000||Error checking available disk space.|
|ExitCode_InsuffDiskSpace||80070070||There is insufficient disk space to install the update.|
|ExitCode_LowBattery||5010||Insufficient battery power remaining to install the update. Plug-in your computer to an AC power source to install the update.|
|ExitCode_Maintenance||5016||The update was attempted during an idle time on your device. The update will be re-tried during the scheduled maintenance window.|
|ExitCode_AutoNotOnAC||5017||AU initiated update while on battery|
|ExitCode_OtherError||5020||Error reading required registry key|
|ExitCode_RegistryError||5021||Error creating required registry key|
|ExitCode_MSI_LINKS||5022||There was a problem creating the Office taskbar shortcuts.|
|5023 - 5025||Error accessing Users account folder.|
|ExitCode_INSTALL_SETUP_FAILURE||5026||There was a problem launching product setup.|
|5027||Error reading user’s folder|
|5028||Error getting user’s folder content|
|5029||Error updating Office links on Taskbar|
|5030||Error accessing TaskScheduler|
|5031||Error reading root folder in TaskScheduler|
|5032||Error accessing AutoUpdate task in TaskScheduler|
|5033||Error accessing Regular Maintenance Task|
|5034||Error getting next runtime for Regular Maintenance Task|
|5035||Error calculating maintenance window|
|5036||Error generating temp file name|
|5037||Error creating temporary shortcut|
|5038||Error saving temporary shortcut|
|5039||Error copying temporary shortcut|
|5040||Error creating upgrade failure registry key|
|5041||Error incrementing upgrade failure registry key|
|5042||Error reading battery properties from WMI|
|ExitCode_CriticalError||5051||Error during the Office 2013 RT Preview uninstall process|
|Exitcode_OfficeAppDetected||5052||There was an error during installation due to an Office application running. Verify that all Office applications are closed and re-run the installation.|
|ExitCode_CantElevate||5053||The Office 2013 RT Preview uninstall process encountered permissions issues|
|ExitCode_SetupError||5100||Office 2013 RT setup installation error encountered. Log details are in the %windir%\temp\ArmBetaUpgrade folder.|
|ERROR_NOT_ENOUGH_MEMORY||80070008||There is not enough free memory available to install the update. Please reboot your device to retry installation.|
|SUS_E_DM_NOTDOWNLOADED||80246007||There was an error downloading part of the update but the installation is successful. Reboot your device to complete update installation.|
|FFFFFFFF||An unknown error occurred during the upgrade process. The Office installation was successful but language packs may be missing. Reboot your device to complete update installation.|
- If you receive a 5010 error code, your device has insufficient battery power to install the update. You must plug your device into an AC power source and make sure that the battery level is greater than 20 percent for the update to install correctly.
- If you receive a 5016 error code, the update installation was tried outside your device's maintenance window. If you want to install the update immediately, follow the instructions in the "How to Install this update." section. If you do not want to install the update immediately, the update will try to install when your computer next has a maintenance window.
Note Although the error code information in this article can help you diagnose problems with your update installation, several different problems can cause a single error message. Therefore, the information in this article represents only the first step in troubleshooting the problem.
For a list of error codes that are returned by the Windows Installer function MsiExec.exe, go to the following Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) website:
Article ID: 2748583 - Last Review: Feb 12, 2013 - Revision: 1