- The issues that the update rollup resolves
- How to obtain the update rollup
- The prerequisites to install the update rollup
Issues that the update rollup resolvesUpdate Rollup 5 version 2 for Exchange Server 2010 SP2 addresses the vulnerabilities that are described in Microsoft Security Bulletin MS12-080. This update also resolves the issues that are described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) articles:
- 2707146 IRM-protected messages cannot be returned in search results if the messages are recorded and sent to an external contact in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2710975 Some MAPI property objects in an ANSI .pst file contain unreadable characters if you import the file by using the "New-MailboxImportRequest" cmdlet
- 2712001 ExTRA.exe does not collect data if you select a scheduled task for a data collection in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2712595 Microsoft Exchange RPC Client Access service crashes when you run the New-MailboxExportRequest cmdlet in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2716145 Store.exe crashes on an Exchange Server 2010 mailbox server if a VSAPI based antivirus software is used
- 2717522 Microsoft Exchange System Attendant service crashes on an Exchange Server 2010 server when you update the OAB that contains a DBCS address list
- 2720017 An RBAC role assignee can unexpectedly change a DAG that is outside the management role group scope in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2727802 Microsoft Exchange Replication service crashes intermittently when you try to move mailboxes from an Exchange Server 2003 server to an Exchange Server 2010 server
- 2733415 Event ID 1 is logged on the Exchange Server 2010 Client Access server in a mixed Exchange Server 2010 and Exchange Server 2003 environment
- 2733609 Email message and NDR message are not delivered if an email message contains unsupported character sets in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2743761 DAG loses quorum if a router or switch issue occurs in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2748766 Retention policy information does not show "expiration suspended" in Outlook Web App when the mailbox is set to retention hold in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2748767 You receive an NDR message that incorrectly contains recipients of successful message delivery in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2748879 You cannot access a mailbox by using an EWS application in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2749075 A copy of an archived item remains in the Recoverable Items folder of a primary mailbox in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2749593 Outlook logging file lists all the accepted and internal relay domains in the Exchange Server 2010 organization when you enable troubleshooting logging
- 2750293 Items remain in the "Recoverable Items\Deletions" folder after the retention age limit is reached in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2750847 An Exchange Server 2010 user unexpectedly uses a public folder server that is located far away or on a slow network
- 2763886 "The operation failed" error in the Outlook client when you open a saved message from the Drafts folder and then try to send it in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- Assume that you apply the Update Rollup 4 version 2 for Exchange Server 2010 SP2 (KB2756485), and then you apply the Update Rollup 5 version 1 (KB2719800). In this situation, when you try to run the Get-DatabaseAvailabilityGroup cmdlet, you receive the following error message:WARNING: An unexpected error has occurred and a Watson dump is being generated: Could not load type 'Microsoft.Exchange.Rpc.ActiveManager.AmDeferredRecoveryEntry' from assembly 'Microsoft.Exchange.Rpc, Version=184.108.40.206, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'.
Update rollup informationTo download and install Update Rollup 5 version 2 for Exchange Server 2010 SP2, go to the following Microsoft Update website: Note Microsoft Update does not detect update rollups on Exchange Server 2010 mailbox servers that are part of a database availability group (DAG).
To enable you to apply this update rollup in the following scenarios, the update rollup is also available from the Microsoft Download Center:
- Deploy Update Rollup 5 for Exchange Server 2010 SP2 to multiple computers that are running Exchange Server 2010 SP2
- Deploy Update Rollup 5 for Exchange Server 2010 SP2 to mailbox servers that are part of a DAG
Important information for customers who install the update on computers that are not connected to the Internet
When you install this update rollup on a computer that is not connected to the Internet, you may experience long installation times. Additionally, you may receive the following message:
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- On the Tools menu in Windows Internet Explorer, click Internet Options, and then click the Advanced tab.
- In the Security section, click to clear the Check for publisher's certificate revocation check box, and then click OK.
Update issue on computers that have customized Outlook Web App files
Important Before you apply the update rollup, we recommend that you make a backup copy of any customized Outlook Web App files. For more information about how to customize Outlook Web App, go to the following Microsoft website:
Update issue for CAS Proxy Deployment Guidance customers who deploy CAS-CAS proxying
If you meet both of the following conditions, apply the update rollup on the Internet-facing Client Access servers before you apply the update rollup on the non-Internet-facing Client Access servers:
- You are a CAS Proxy Deployment Guidance customer.
- You have deployed CAS-CAS proxying.
For more information about CAS-CAS proxying, go to the following Microsoft website:
PrerequisitesTo apply this update rollup, you must have Exchange Server 2010 SP2 installed.
Note Remove all interim updates for Exchange Server 2010 SP2 before you apply this update rollup.
Restart requirementThe required services are automatically restarted when you apply this update rollup.
Removal informationTo remove Update Rollup 5 version 2 for Exchange Server 2010 SP2, use the Add or Remove Programs item in Control Panel to remove update 2785908.
REFERENCESFor more information about terminology that Microsoft uses to describe software updates, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Article ID: 2785908 - Last Review: Dec 11, 2012 - Revision: 1