To resolve this issue in Excel for Office 365, Excel 2019, Excel 2016 and Excel 2013, follow the steps in the "Registry key information" section.
To resolve this issue in Excel 2010, apply the following update and then follow the steps in the "Registry key information" section:
Registry key informationImportant
Follow the steps in this section carefully. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur.
The Active Clipboard is used during copy and paste operations and is integrated in Microsoft Office 2010 and later versions. After you install this hotfix package, you can follow these steps to turn off the Active Clipboard.
Note After you turn off the Active Clipboard, you cannot perform the actions that are described on the following Microsoft website:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Locate and then select the following registry subkey: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\xx.0\Common\General\Note xx.0 in this registry path corresponds to the Excel version (16.0 = Excel 2016, 15.0 = Excel 2013, 14.0 = Excel 2010).
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type AcbControl, and then press Enter.
- In the Details pane, right-click AcbControl, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type either decimal 2147483648 or hexadecimal 80000000, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.