This update enables you to use the following features and functionality in WMF 4.0:
- Windows PowerShell 4.0
- Windows PowerShell ISE
- Windows PowerShell Web Services (also known as Management OData IIS Extension)
- Windows Remote Management (WinRM)
- Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI)
- Server Manager WMI provider
- Windows PowerShell Desired State Configuration (DSC)
How to obtain this update
Microsoft Download CenterThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the WMF 4.0 package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
PrerequisitesTo apply this hotfix, you must be running Windows 7 SP1, Windows Embedded Standard 7 SP1, or Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1.
To run WMF 4.0, you must have the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 installed.
For more information about how to obtain a Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 service pack, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: