- Outlook Web App or Outlook Web Access (OWA) redirection from the HTTP protocol to the HTTPS protocol fails.
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) offloading fails.
- An error message that resembles the following is displayed when a user tries to connect to OWA:403 – Forbidden: Access is denied.
You do not have Permission to View this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.
- An entry that resembles the following is recorded in the IIS log:
Note By default, the "Require SSL" configuration option is enabled on the default website when you install an Exchange Server service pack. Additionally, the "Require SSL" configuration is enabled on the virtual directories under the default website.
- Start IIS 7 Manager.
- Select the default website, and then make sure that you are in Features View.
- Double-click SSL Settings.
- Click to clear the Require SSL check box.
- Run the IISRESET command.
- Repeat steps 1 through 5 for all virtual websites under the default website.
For more information about issues that can occur when you use a third-party SSL offloader in an Exchange Server 2007 environment, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: